Sunday, September 03, 2006

My little monkey


Just last week I was talking to different girl friends about their small children climbing out of their cribs.
I gave them advice such as putting socks on the kids feet so they couldn't get a grip on the rails and things like that.
Gracie never once tried to climb out of her crib and neither had Isaiah..... until 2 nights ago!
All he had to do was hear me talk about it. I was praising him on how he's NEVER tried to climb out of bed.
The other night Cris put Isaiah to bed, said his prayers and left the room.
We later heard a thump and a small cry.
Isaiah walked out of his room with a grin on his face. Cris and I looked at each other and said "Did he just climb out of his bed.... with socks on??!"
We let him play around for awhile and later put him back down and heard nothing from him again that night, or the next 2 nights.
Again, Cris put Isaiah to bed tonight and we later heard him hit the floor! He again, walked out of his room proud as a peacock! We took Isaiah back into his crib and asked him to show us how he climbed out. He was very proud to show us his neat climbing technique. Cris was very impressed with the way he used his toes just right to wrap them around the crib rails, throw his leg up and over, and slide down. It was a true art form.
So, now what do we do?? He's not ready for a toddler bed or he'll get up every night. I guess we'll just keep putting him in his crib and see what happens. Silly monkey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sell a mesh tent cover that zips up and fits over the crib to prevent the Houdini (spelling?) from escaping. It is not a choke hazard and works really well. Problem is...I don't remember who sells it.

Deena

Anonymous said...

What a cute little monkey he is!!! Oh, and I never ate your soup beans. I only try them when I am at someone's house that I would feel bad. I am sure that I would like yours. You are an awesome cook.