Monday, October 16, 2006

The RASH



As if "the plague" wasn't enough, I now have "the rash of all rashes!"I started a rash late Friday night while in bed. My legs started itching around my knees.
I put cortisone on it and went to sleep.
When I woke up Saturday morning, it had spread from my feet to my head..... meaning in my head!
All day Saturday, the welps got bigger, thicker and covered more and more of my body.
I thought I was gonna DIE! It looked disgusting and felt even worse.
By Sunday, my wrists were swollen and sore as well as my feet.
I spent 2 hours in the ER waiting room b/c I couldn't take the pain and itching anymore.
After 2 hours, I decided I could feel bad at home instead of at the hospital. So I went home, too some benedryl tabs and went to sleep. I took those until 4 AM Monday morning.
Those helped a bit.
First thing this morning(monday), I went to the Dr. and got a steroid shot. That hurt, but it's made my body feel better!!
The Dr. said it's an allergic reaction. We just don't know what I reacted to.
That's the fun part, figuring out what made me look and feel this way.
I had NO idea an allergic reaction could spread all over my body with huge welps and bumps.

These pictures just don't do it justice to how badly it really looked. And the itching..... was unbearable. I hope this never happens to you!
It's now Monday evening and I feel much better. Some welps are still on my stomach, but I don't feel them anymore. Steroids are a wonderful thing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl! That is aweful. I hope to NEVER experience that. I thought poison ivy was bad on my legs. I couldn't even imagine the itching all over. How horrible! I am so sorry you went through that!

Jeni

Anonymous said...

Since I work in an Allergist's office..those are called HIVES...Cortisone might have done it, or any antibodic, or something you touch or ate that night. I know that doesn't narrow it down. But yeah, thats a reaction big time to something,,,might think about getting retested?
cathy