Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Corbin, KY

The Jones family is in Corbin, KY for the week. Cris has officially started his new ministry at Community Christian Church and the kids and I are just hanging out.
We're staying in the minister's house (Keith and Aleta) while they are on vacation. How nice of them.
Let me tell you, from the moment I walked in I've been nervous.
They have antiques, china, breakables of all kinds everywhere. It appears Aleta collects these items. They don't have children in the house anymore and my kids are scaring me to death!!!
She has her dining table completely set with real china!! Now that's enough to make a mom pee her pants! I think we'll stay down stairs most of the time, it's a little more "relaxed" down there.
This is only the first day. I'm hoping by next Monday we've not broken a thing!!!!
I may blog each day simply saying "nothing broken so far!!"
This is my goal for the week!!
I'll keep you posted as I have plenty of time on my hands.
I don't have to clean house, do laundry, sew, slop the hogs, mend the fence or kneed the dough.
I think I'll kick back and watch Dr. Phil, read, and get in the hot tub!!! That is, when I've settled in to the change of scenery.
Over and out

No comments: