Sunday, June 03, 2007

seeking sympathy, I guess




It's late Sunday night and I'm home alone with the kids. Gracie is sound asleep and Isaiah is still awake "playing" drums..... it's 10:50 PM!!!
The past two weeks of traveling between London and Flemingsburg have felt more like 2 months.
I can't get out of my head the thought that this could potentially go on for much longer if the Lord does not sell our house.
Cris is at camp all week so the kids and I are here at home. We'll meet up with him on Friday and head to Louisville for Chad's wedding rehearsal and then attend he and Jennifer's wedding on Saturday. From there we will drive to London, stay the night with friends and head to church/work on Sunday. The kids and I will come back to F-burg while he stays the week for VBS.

What I'm not understanding right now is, why God would put such a strong desire in our hearts for a new ministry and yet cause us so much trouble, confusion, stress, headache and so on. If he wants us to be in London then please, Lord, send us there quickly! Is my prayer life lacking, is my faith not strong enough, do I not have enough patience and this is how he's teaching me??
So many questions run through my mind of why God wants us to continue to travel back and forth (w/ gas so high) and for Cris and I to be away from one another when if he'd just sell our house we could do HIS work much much more effectively!
I'm asking (begging) for your prayers on insight, strength and wisdom through this all.
I also plead for your prayers that our house will sell tomorrow!!
We just want to do His will!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that I hear you. And the Lord does too! He knows your every need. Even better than we know it ourselves. You will look back a year fron now and say, OOOHHH now I know what he was doing! Just be still and know that He is God and just his love is sufficient for us. I love you and I am kinda glad your still around.
Sarah