Friday, July 06, 2007

You just said what??

I heard two things today that were polar opposites of each other.
One was a very nice complement, the other made me sick to my stomach.


The first was a compliment from a lady in a purse store. I was browsing around
and told her I'd never been in the store before and wanted to check it out. We got talking and Gracie and Isaiah came up. She said "You have kids? You don't look old enough to have kids."
Now that's a compliment I can handle. Especially now that I'm pushing 30!!!

The other was such an insult that I could have thrown up.
Cris decided to call one of our potential buyers since we hadn't heard from them in a week. They were honest and told us the house was priced too high, so Cris asked what price they were looking for. The guy proceeded to tel Cris that "if your house was on auction, I wouldn't pay more than $40,000."
Ain't that a kick in the head! I honestly don't think I've ever been so offended!

I listened as Cris tried to talk to this guy. You could tell he was dumb founded and didn't know how to respond to such an "offer". He told the guy that we can make a deal, but nothing that low. He explained to him that a bargain is one thing, but giving the house away is another.

Needless to say, I'm a little disappointed and frustrated at this point! This again poses a whole new set of questions between us and the Lord.

No comments: