Friday, August 31, 2007

fridge of the fritz

Around 11:00 this morning I was trying to decide what I wanted for breakfast. My usual is cereal but I wanted something different this morning and decided on a very unhealthy frozen pastry thing.
It was God lead because when I got the frozen thing out of the package I noticed it wasn't very frozen. I opened the freezer back up and noticed it was not running and the ice cream was melting out of the box into the freezer. I called Chris and told him the fridge wasn't running but things in the freezer where running. He got home about 11:45 and started checking things out. He tried adjusting the freezer setting and it wouldn't kick on and we tried the breaker as well. We called our land lord and told him the problem. He said he'd have a guy right out.
Around 12:30 a very different man (who I believe is a cross dresser by his very high voice) came and opened the fridge. He asked who had turned the fridge off. Chris and I just kinda looked at each other. The dial had been turned to zero which is the same as off I guess. It not only controls the fridge but also the freezer.
I felt so dumb. We'd gone all morning ( or longer) without the thing working and then a repair man comes for 30 seconds and says it's turned off. I sure hope our land lord (or us) isn't charged for this one. I told Chris that Isaiah had been playing in the fridge yesterday and must have found the knob and turned it. The "fridge man" took the setting adjuster knob off so that this can not happen again. Again, I sure hope no on is billed for this senseless act. I was a little embarrassed by the time he left.
We only lost a tub of old ice cream and my fudge bars! I didn't need any of that anyway!
I told Chris it would have benefited the repair man to call asking us to check the setting knob. They must assume most adults already know to do this!

1 comment:

Gina said...

If it makes you feel any better I probably wouldn't have thought to check that either.

Sounds like something Noah would do. I'm glad our setting knob is at the very top of the fridge and not within his reach!