Monday, September 24, 2007

sick as a dog

It's Monday, 10:30 AM and I've been in my bed since Saturday at 6:00 PM. That's 40 ours I've spent in my bed.
It all started this past Friday. I got up late and did't eat breakfast and then all four of us went to Mr. Ghatti's for lunch. Chris and I had the salad bar that didn't look so fresh. I told him after I ate it that maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to do. Not long after eating I got sick to my stomach, a headache and just nauseated. It never went away all day Friday. I told myself it was due to not eating well that day. I woke up Saturday morning feeling fine. I went to Lexington to meet up with my girlfriends for lunch and shopping and felt fine until about 4:00. I had a headache and my stomach started to feel upset. I went through Chic-Fil-A drive thru and got a diet coke and chicken sandwhich, hoping to calm my stomach and make my headache go away.
As I was driving home the nausea set in a little more. Chris called me around 5:00 and told me he was on his way to camp to speak but didn't know if he was gonna make it because he was sick feeling. "Great!" was my thought. Ends up he wasn't able to speak due to "nasty" coming out both ends!!!
I got home around 6:00 pm from Lexington and got straight into my bed. By 7:00 my head was over the toilet doing something I had not done since I was a child.....throwing up!!
I was freaking out inside. I didn't know what to do or how to react. I serioulsy had not thrown up since I was about 8 years old, and it was coming up hard!!! I called Amy to warn her I was sick since we all ate together and most of us had a salad. She said she felt fine. So, food poisoning was now in my mind. Chris and the kids got home and for the next few hours he and I were sharing the single toilet. I have never felt pain in my stomach like I did that whole night. I had major pains in my upper stomach. They were sharp, strong, intense pains. Chris said he too had these pains that he'd never had before when throwing up. I think Mr. Ghatti's gave us food poisoning. Some friends of ours from church came and got the kids for the night so we could die alone!
My body cramped from head to toe from all night Saturday until Monday morning. I took phenegren Sunday night to release the pain and slept a very long time!! My stomach is feeling more normal this morning, but my head feels like it's going to explode! I guess I got dehydrated and that's why my legs where cramping the way they were. I couldn't lay still in bed from the intense pains going down my calves and through my thighs.
I'm hoping by tomorrow morning I'll be able to get up and walk. Right now when I get up I get very dizzy from my head hurting so bad.
All I know is, I don't EVER want to do this again. As for Chris, he does this once a year. He got over it much quicker than I did. He was able to go to church Sunday night while I was still laying in bed dying! He's been cleaning house today like a mad man. I don't know how he's doing it. Maybe it's becuase I ate a sald twice the size of his.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling so lousy! Sounds pretty miserable.

On the up side I enjoyed seeing you Saturday and I'm glad it didn't hit until after our outing.

Hope you are feeling tons better soon! Sending hugs.....