Friday, October 31, 2008

KCU

Today was our big day at KCU.
Chris was invited to speak at chapel this morning.
He was very excited to have been asked to speak. He's was nervous the whole week leading up to today.
We went up last night and stayed in the "Presidential Apartment" and Gracie and Isaiah thought it was awesome. It was simply an outdated one bedroom apartment. They acted like we were in a 4 star spa hotel!
Don't misunderstand me, we were very appreciative to get the place for the night. We took with us 2 of our youth from CCC so that they could tour the campus and make some future college decisions.
They seemed pleased.

Chris did a great job preaching this morning on "Systems vs Saviour". He was flooded with comments from some of his previous professors. That's always encouraging.
Another very encouraging and unexpected thing was that 3 of our friends from New Life came to listen to him as well. I called Amy and invited her so I knew she was coming (so glad to squeeze her again) but James Watkins and AJ Mulllholland both came as well simply to hear Chris.
That's awesome! Thanks guys!

Chris and I are both coming down with some kind of cold. The kids and I got a flu shot this week so hopefully we won't get anything serious. I hate cold weather for all the illnesses that come along with it.

I took the kids trick or treating tonight around Tara Est. We meet neighbors we've never seen before.
It was quick and painless. I think we visited 6 houses in our little loop. Gracie was a fairy and Isaiah was his famous Julius Peppers football player.

No comments: