Friday, May 20, 2011

it's been awhile

I have not posted on my blog for a very long time.
I looked at my page and realized how out of date it was, so I just spent on hour trying update pictures, backgrounds, layouts etc.
This still doesn't inspire me to write more often. I just don't feel like it's my gift.
I was telling Chris today that sometimes I feel like that reflects on my spiritual level or depth. I tell myself things like, 'if you were more Godly you would be able to write more beautifully' and 'If you were more Godly you could probably write songs or books'.
I don't like those negative tapes that play in my mind, but I also think there may be SOME truth to that self talk.
So, I'll try to use that as inspiration from here on out instead of just ignoring it. I'm going to allow those tapes that are playing to push me to do more in my walk with Christ. I'll try to become more inspired by being in his word more and improving on my prayer life. There's always room for improvement, isn't there?
We'll see if more writings or songs or books come from it... but don't hold your breath just yet!

1 comment:

John Willis said...

Jen
In my opinion, you truly touch people when you open up your mouth an sing. that is your God give talent! just my $0.02