Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Do you ever wonder?

I write today's post with a heavy, yet thankful, heart.
I sit and think of all the friends I have who have gone through hell here on earth.
We so often hear, and even ask, why does God let things happen to our beloved Christian people?
I think of the things that plague this world such as death, divorce, depression, cancer,marrital strife, husbands cheating on wives, wives cheating on husbands, kids without a mom or dad due to divorce or natural causes, lack of communication among spouses, lack of communication with our own children, drug and alcohol abuse, fatherless children, affectionless marriages, unsubmissive wives, uncaring husbands, sexless marriages, financial hardships, lonliness, lack of self control, and the list can go on and on!
Yet through all these types of things, God is still there as our strong tower!!!
He is our sustainer, our rock, our fortress, our REDEEMER! Praise be to our Holy Lord for that!
What would or could we do in these situations if we weren't Christians relying on our Saviour?
I truly don't know how nonchristians handle todays stresses. I am so thankful that through all of these evil things, I have my Lord and Saviour to lean on. I am a hopeful person in what I feel is a hopeless earth. Do YOU fall into any of these categories? I know I can honestly say I do.
Be thankful with me today that our God lives and is alive in us to make us whole in a broken world!

2 comments:

Chad Doerr said...

Preach it sister! Amen.

Jen said...

That's funny, I had a feeling someone would say that!!