Wednesday, July 12, 2006

"Fruits" of our Labor






Gracie and I picked our first vegetables out of our garden the other day.
We were able to get about 6 yellow squash, 3 zucchine, and a cumcuber.
It is so neat to me to teach our children how you can plant a small seed, water it, and weeks later you have a plant producing vegetables. I get excited myself watching our garden grow.
I love to enjoy the "fruits" of our labor.
This is the same as how God works in our lives. We too, at one time, had a seed planted in us, it was watered, and it began to grow and grow. Over time we have to prune and cut back weeds in order to breath and grow! I hope God is as excited about the fruits of my labor as I get about our garden. You can tell a christian by the fruits of his/her labor. I want to continually be bearing fruit and be an encouragement for others to do the same as well.
The thought that a simple garden can be a biblical point in our lives is such a neat concept to me.
God really can use us in so many ways! May I always be available!!

Colossians 1:10 ...... live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are bearing fruit Jen. God is proud. I hope that He shows us the fruits of our labor when we get to Heaven. I know that you will be amazed at the many people that have seen Christ because of your life. You are an awesome witness and a great friend.

I love ya ~ Jeni

Chad Doerr said...

I have no green thumb but I do appreciate God's ability to take a seed and bring life.

I've added you as a link from my site.