Tuesday, August 08, 2006

To Go or Not To Go

My struggle this whole summer has been whether or not Gracie should go to head start (also known as pre-school).
At first, I was on board completely. I had it all worked out in my mind.
She would go to school, I would go back to college and Isaiah would stay with his daddy or someone else a couple days of the week.
Then, I started babysitting during the week and that messed up the whole plan of Gracie being dropped off and picked up from school. Chris is very anti-bus riding.
My prayer the whole time was to go to the appointed parent/teacher conference and God would confirm my feelings then. That appointment was this morning.
Of course, the whole time I was there, I was thinking "How could I not send her?" The teacher she will have, Ms. Gayle Miller, is very passionate about her job and kids. It shown through her every being. Her room is very kid friendly, dolls, toys, crayons, puppets etc everywhere.
While filling out the paper work, Gracie would not leave my side. After awhile she decided she'd go and find a doll. She found one that looked just like her cousin Mia, so we were calling her Mia.
She fed "Mia" and rocked her while waiting for me to be done. She was given a back pack, a toothbrush and a badge with her name on it. By the time we left there she felt so big.
She was so proud of the back pack they gave her. She came home and immediately told Cris about her new back pack and Ms. Gayle.
She will start school next Monday. I know I'll be so sad. She looked so big in that room today with her back pack on and interacting with the toys and kids.
I know I'll give it a try. And if for some reason this does not work out for us, no big deal.
But as of now, Gracie Jones will be attending Head Start on the 14th and I will be going back to school on the 21st!
This is going to be one crazy ride!
Pray for us!

No comments: