Monday, February 26, 2007

LifeSong

Have you ever done something so big, so great, so rewarding that it made you puke or gave you diarrhea? But yet you were DETERMINED to do it anyway?
That was my experience yesterday at church.
About a month ago, Cris was planning his outline for youth Sunday service.
He told me he wanted me to sing Casting Crowns "And now my lifesong sings".
It is one of my favorite songs!
I told him not only would I sing it, but I would learn the music on piano and play it as well.
He was very honest with me and told me he did not think I could get this together in a months time. I was set out to prove him wrong.
I purchased and printed the music online, and started that night around 10:00 PM learning to play the music.
I struggled with reading the music and getting the chords at first. You see, I hadn't played piano since around the age of 11, Nor had I performed in front of anyone.
This was a HUGE deal for me. But I made a promise to my Lord that I was going to gloify him through song with my own hands and voice.
And I did. Not perfectly by any means.
But I made it happen. My hands were shaking on the ivories as I sat and played. I was a wreck performing this solo.
I hit some wrong chords, then lost my place, then out loud said "I lost my place!".
I was so upset that I messed up, but I was able to play the song again at invitation and lead the congregation in worship.
Praise the Lord! That was one of the best feelings. When I started playing the song and then came in on the first line and heard everyone singing, chills went all over my body (as they are now retelling this). It was so beautiful hearing voices blended saying "and now my lifesong sings!"
My Rhapsody Playlist

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know I was proud of you. I couldn't make it yesterday but I really wanted to be there. I can see it now, what a wonderful way to praise the Lord and to have put so much work into it. He has been glorified! You go girl!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

You did an awesome job, Jen. It was so beautiful and I was blessed by it (as I'm sure everyone else was)! Thanks for your commitment to the Lord!

Love ya',
Gina

Anonymous said...

Go Jen!

You rock! I am sure that God was so proud that you gave him your everything.

Jeni

Anonymous said...

I have never been so proud to be proved wrong.

Cris