Wednesday, February 28, 2007

TV

I don't know if you watched the Oprah special Monday night showcasing the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy but I did and was so touched.
Now, I don't agree with much that Oprah believes or does but this was amazing.
She has given so many young African girls a chance they never would have gotten.
To hear these girls' stories, to see the "houses" they lived in and to understand what their everyday lives are like was so sad. I cried at those girls lives and situations. One young teeanage girl gets up at 4AM, walks to the bus in the dark through a rough neighborhood, then catches the bus to school. She risks her life everyday just for an education.
Then last night I watched the Co-Anchor Bob Woodriff story and his miraculous recovery. I thought what it must have been like to be in his wife Lee's place and I just cried again. He is a walking and talking miracle!
And I loved how they showed real veterans whose lives have been turned upside down by war injuries, especially the ones with head injuries.
Their lives and the lives of their loved ones will never be the same.
I was touched to see the stories told of wounded vets. It seems to me that so much of the military is covered up and kept secret unless you know someone in it.
I just wanted to share how I was touched by both of these programs.
I only wish both could have given glory to the Lord for the miracles done!

No comments: