Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Independence Day!!




Isn't July 4th cool? I'm so glad we live in a country that's free. I thank all the men and women of the past, present and future that secure our freedom.
As much as I love freedom of the USA I love my freedom in Christ even more.
I thank God that he sent Jesus to die for me so that I can be eternally free.
Free of sin, shame, guilt, sorrow,death, poverty and chains.
Today Chris was off so we had breakfast then headed to Levi Jackson park and hiked.
We went until the kids asked to be held, then we turned around and headed back to the car. They lasted for about 20 minutes out before having to turn around, and we trekked up some hills. They had more stamina then I did!
Then we came home and had lunch (the all American corn dog), watched a movie, took a nap(seeing a pattern yet?), went to church. Once home we had pumpkin pie then waited for the sun to go down. We lit some very wimpy fireworks and sparklers. The kids loved the sparklers and pop rocks!
We were able to see some really good fire works last night at the Corbin civic center.
They were BIG and LOUD!
It took us about an hour to get into the fairground area and another hour to get out. But the 20 minutes of fireworks were worth it. The kids loved it.














No comments: