Monday, July 02, 2007

putting a dent in my day

I had an eventful day. I got up at 9:00 am, did 2 loads of laundry, had lunch with Chris, opened a checking account, went to walmart, cleaned house, took a small nap, and cooked our first dinner in the apartment. Thanks to Amy we had fresh squash and zucchini.
BUT in the midst of all this I managed to get side swiped by an old man in a big crown vic. I was pulling in the parking lot of the apartment on my way home from walmart when it all happened in slow motion. He began pulling out of his parking spot from the drug store right as I got behind him. I didn't have time to move, all I could do was watch as he slowly sunk into my passenger side door.
I watched him coming back and just said"OH KNOW!!" I LAYED on my lame horn, but he didn't seem to hear it. He had no idea I was there until his big blue car met mine.
He pulled forward, got out of the car and gave me his insurance information. I felt badly for the old man as he apologized.
I was sick at my stomach! I wanted to cry for the simple fact of crying but I didn't. I brought my groceries in and immediately called Chris and told him we needed to get an estimate on our car. He took it very well.












1 comment:

Gina said...

Strange. I wonder why he didn't hear your horn? LOL!

Seriously, I'm sorry about your luck and glad you weren't hurt.