Monday, August 06, 2007

Just Peachy


Do you love fresh summer peaches like my family does? Over the years I've been spoiled by Cris' parents with fresh Carolina peaches. Every summer that we visit them we always go to a produce stand to get fresh veggies and fruits.

The past two years that we've gone to Myrtle Beach we stop at multiple produce stands to get enough peaches for the beach to eat as well as to make at least one peach cobbler!

After this years beach trip I didn't get enough, so as soon as we got home I went to Walmart to get groceries and stocked up on the "tree ripened" peaches. What a disapointment. After cutting up 3 nasty peaches I had to throw them away. No juice, no flavor and a horrible texture.

So today the kids and I went to a local farmers market here in London to get some good West Virginia peaches and cantaloupes. I have to tell you, these are delish! They are so juicy. As soon as you put the knife into it the juice starts dripping! They are the perfect ripeness and texture.

I think we've already eaten about 7 peaches today.

I've been trying hard the past few months to really watch what I'm eating and summer is so great for fresh fruits and veggies. Make sure you're getting yours in too!!

No comments: