Thursday, August 16, 2007

Nothing Special

Today has been nothing special but it has been productive.

The kids and I didn't even get out of bed until about 10:30.... how nice. I was up late last night due to a self defense class I'm taking on Wednesday nights from 7-10 pm. Once I got home, I was not ready to sleep. So I stayed up watching TV and playing on the internet.


Once I got up this morning I called the preschool Gracie has been registered at to see if she had been excepted. I registered her last week and was told that there were still a lot of apps to be processed and that there might not be any openings for Gracie. I waited for a phone call all week and never received one. So I called her school today and they said she was in fact on the roster and that school had started this past Monday. I didn't know school had started, what time school was or who her teacher was. Gracie decided she'll skip tomorrow and start new on Monday. I feel badly that we've not seen her school, her room or even met the new teacher.
We may go and do some of that tomorrow if they'll let us.

Once that was done, I cleaned our bedroom. I got everything up off the floor and was able to vacuum the whole floor. I haven't swept the whole floor in a couple of weeks. I tusre does feel better in here. Now my "quiet place" looks and feels much better and much more peaceful.

Tonite I'm supposed to meet up with a lady from church to discuss getting a women's bible study together. I feel like this is my calling since I have the time to prepare lessons and things.
I just want to be able to connect women to eachother and to Christ at the same time.
This is kinda my way of getting connected myself as I'm having a hard time finding the types of friends and relationships that I found at New Life. Believe me, I don't take for granted the friends I gained at New Life. The people are different at Community and don't seem to be seeking friendships the way I am. I guess it's all in God's time that I will make true friends. This is what it's like being the "new girl". I'm hoping that through this women's study that it will open doors and hearts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a little note to say we miss you and I cherish the time we spent together as friends. Through it was just for a season, I still hold in my heart memories that will be there a life time. Through ups and downs the Lord has been faithful. I pray you will find Godly women that will lift you up and hold you accountable. Love ya. Sarah