Monday, August 13, 2007

solo Debut

I sang my first solo at Community Christian yesterday. I sang Potter's Hand, one of my favorite songs. I had to sing it at both the 8:30 service and the 11:00. The first service was easy because there was only about 20 people there. Second service was a little different. There was probably closer to 200. My nerves got to me a little bit more the 2nd time. But I think I pulled it off.
You'de think I was a pop star the way they complimented me. My CCC family made me feel very special and loved with their showers of compliments. It's funny how, even though I've told people I love to sing and that while at New Life I was on praise team and sang solos, that no one ever seemed to give it a listen. Once I sang, I've had people offer to sing duets with me and play instruments with me while I sing etc. I guess I just had to prove myself... that's how it is in show business.
I give God the glory for all talents he's given me, those both big and small!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Good for you! I really like that song, too. If only God had given me a quarter of your talent (sigh). I loved it when you sang at NL and I miss getting to hear you. :(