Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A rainy day!


We had the first rain today since living in London. It has been as dry as a bone here and as hot as the desert. I figure hurricane Dean had something to do with this rain. It was a slow steady rain that only lasted an hour or so but we needed it badly! The kids and I went grocery shopping in the rain but didn't mind a bit. It was nice to be cooled off for awhile. Tomorrow is supposed to be another scorcher.


Gracie's 2 days of school have gone really well. As for me, I'm not handling the 7:45 wake up call. Today Isaiah and I took a morning nap at 10:00AM then left to pick up Gracie. We're still going to bed around 12-1:00 AM and it's just not working out for us. I don't know if I'll ever adjust to this morning stuff. The 3 hours she was gone this morning felt like 8! My days in this small apartment are very very long! I'm planning on starting a women's bible study in the next few weeks so that will give me something to focus on during the week. I'm not real sure what we will do once winter gets here. One friend told me we'll "make babies". I sure hope not!!!!


Lastly, I added a picture that Gracie took of herself. It's quite funny! Enjoy!


1 comment:

Gina said...

Wow! That's some self-portrait. It looks like she's scared to death!

I know what you mean about that getting up early thing. I hate it, too! Just think though, you only have another 15 years or so to get up early and get kids off to school. Of course, that's assuming you don't "make babies" this winter! LOL!