Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Is this all there is?

I'm still here, and yes, in the same spot..... my bed. At this point I should have bed sores and a walker.
I'm on day 5 of the yuckies. I went to the doctor today to make sure I wasn't dying of something I wasn't aware of.
I woke up this morning with a sore throat so then I knew I could be dealing with a whole new animal. She tested me for strep and it came back negative.
She came to the conclusion that I got too dehydrated on Saturday and that my body was depleted of electrolytes. Thankfully that meant no more ginger ale, now it's Gatorade time with a dose of a daily multivitamin. (why didn't I think of that sooner?!)
It has seemed to help. I don't seem to be so tired and nauseated since the Gatorade and multivitamin.
At this point I'm gonna have to take up weight training just to be able to walk around. My legs feel like jello! On the up side, I have managed to lose a few pounds, but this is not the recommended way to doing it!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Hopefully you've turned the corner and you're on the mend. Just say the word and I'll be happy to send "Slinky" over if you think he could help motivate you to get up and movin'! LOL!