Monday, October 22, 2007

P-O-T-T-Y TIME!




Last Wednesday Isaiah decided he wanted to use the potty all on his own. He came to me after he took a shower and said "I need to go potty" I was thrilled. I got the step stool for him and let him do his thing. He was so excited watching his "pee water" come out! Since Wednesday, I think we've had an accident each day but that's to be expected. I've been very brave and only put a diaper on him at night. We go out with big boy underwear on. He's peed all over himself twice at church now. But it's a lesson learned for him!! I've learned to carry extra socks, pants and a plastic bag in case of an accident.
The funniest story so far is when Isaiah got confused because the toilet seat was up (daddy didn't put it back down grr). He sat down on the toilet, minus the seat, and it about caused him to fall in. He got so caught up in the moment that he forgot to pull his underwear down. I heard him yell, "mommy, I peed in my underwear!" I got into the bathroom and he was hanging onto the toilet for dear life with his underwear still up around his waist....soaked! That one doesn't count as an accident because it wasn't his fault.

As for my hand, it's coming along. I still keep it wrapped up in order to keep it from busting open.

1 comment:

Gina said...

WAY TO GO, ISAIAH! I'm proud of you for being such a big boy. Now, can you send Noah some pointers?

Love ya!