Wednesday, December 19, 2007

can you believe it?

Can you believe Christmas is almost here??
I love seeing the wrapped gifts under out little tree. The kids have done so well this year.
They've not picked up a single present to try and open it.
I can't help but think back to last year when I was watching little Noah Fizer at my house in Flemingsburg. He came over 2 times a week and through December, he opened a present everytime he was there. I had to rewrap a few of them. Thankfully Isaiah never did that.

Gracie had something interesting happen to her this past Saturday, December 15 exactly one month from when Isaiah had the same thing happen.
She managed to dislocate her elbow just as Isaiah did. Hers did not seem to be as bad though.
She was hanging around Chris' neck when it happened. He had no idea she did it, but it must have caught just right when she was hanging and it pulled out of socket.
He left to go back to work and she came up to me and tole me she "needed a band-aid cause her arm hurt" I asked her to show me where and to tell me what happened.
She wasn't holding hers close to her belly like Isaiah did but when I told her to lift it above her head she said it hurt.
I then grabbed her hand and turned it inward just slightly. She let out a yell and that's when I knew it had been pulled out. I told her I had to twist her arm in and up and it would be over.
So I did just that. She let out a yelp and then was up and playing.

Isn't it strange how I'd never heard of such a thing and then, just like that, I'm taking one to the ER and mending the other? Chris was very impressed with my doctoring skills when I called him and gave him the news. I told him "it didn't hurt me any to do it."

We'll be off to NC the day after Christmas for about a week. We'll be with the WHOLE family a few days then David and Kelly and the 3 kids will head to her parents house for a few days/nights.
I'll have more internet time while there. Not having internet in the home is killing me. I can't sit and research things like I used to , or shoot out a quick email and my blog is lacking in effort.... I know~~!!

Chris has come for his computer so I must go!

No comments: