Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas, is it really over? Did you have a good one???
We sure did and still are??
We had planned on leaving London Wednesday morning but ended up leaving at 5:00 PM on Christmas day. After opening presents and having lunch, Chris threw out the idea of going on to NC. I told him if we were going to do that I needed to get cleaning and doing some laundry to pack.
So in about 3 hours I did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned out the fridge and got all the lunch stuff washed up. After that, we were on our way. The kids were so very excited that we left a day early. They also were so excited (as was I) that we were going to show up at the house unannounced.
The plan worked. We turned off our car lights when we pulled into the drive and rang the doorbell at about 10:30 PM. Pop's face was VERY confused when he came to the door.
When it opened we said "Merry Christmas!"
How fun!!!
We got up the next morning got our showers (except for Chris b/c it's a Christmas tradition to not shower) at some breakfast and then started the present opening process.
The 5 kids went first. After them, we cleaned up some paper and had intermission time. Then it was adult time! I think my favorite gift was the Beth Moore daily "Praying God's Word prayer cards"from David and Kelly... thanks guys!
Isaiah's fav gift was his full spider-man suit, Gracie's favorite gift was her Gabriella doll, Chris' fav gift was the book "Skin" by Ted Dekker.

Today Chris and I went out shopping. He's wanting to find a new pair of shoes and I was on the hunt for a digital camera. We did research online and found what I wanted at Walmart!
Right now I'm charging the camera battery. Once it's ready, I'll be taking some pics and playing around with it. I love new gadgets!

We've got another 4 days in NC and we will do some more after Christmas sales shopping. I always get the kids' winter clothes for next year at this time. It really does save the bucks!!

No comments: