Tuesday, September 23, 2008

life

Life has been pretty normal at the Jones home. Isaiah is finally feeling well after surgery. It took every bit of 10 days until he got better and 12 days before he was off of tylenol every 4 hours and phenergan every 6 hours! The poor kid was on medicine all day every day for 12 days. That doesn't sound good.
He needed it though!! He goes in tomorrow for his 2 week check up. After this, he's hoping he can eat hard and scratchy food again.

Gracie, Isaiah, and I plan on going to Haney's Orchard this week with another home school mom that I met at the library yesterday. She schools her 6 year old, Grace and lives just a few miles down the road from us.
She too is a minster's wife and is a transplant to London. She too is struggling making friends and connections. I thank God that he put her in my path yesterday b/c she seems to be a super sweet lady!!
I pray for continued guidance through home schooling and networking.

Gracie has also started tumbling once a week here in London with Diane McCowan's Dance Studio.
She is loving it. I think I have really found her talent!! The one thing I hate is that parents do not get to sit in on the sessions so I have no clue as to what she's learning or how well (or bad) she's doing. She tries to explain things to me that she's learned but I don't understand all of it. She did come home yesterday and tell me she is supposed to work on her cart wheels. My question is, 'how am I supposed to teach her when I don't know how?'

The Chicken Festival starts in 2 days. Chris will be working the church booth at that and I will be playing in the volleyball tournament. I can't wait, it's gonna be FUN!

No comments: