Thursday, September 11, 2008

post op

Isaiah's surgery went well. Everything went as it should for taking out adenoids and tonsils.
They gave him plenty of morphine so he was VERY tired after surgery. He slept hard until we got home around 4 pm. We were at the surgery center a total of 6 hours... it felt like 4 days!
He got up this morning and took tylenol and antibiotics and has been doing well all day. We simply give him tylenol every 4 hours and that satisfies him. He also has numbing suckers to suck on for a few minutes to help numb his mouth. He says they don't work though.

He's been trying to run around today. We've had to tell him several times to "slow down" or "stop running" or "stop jumping". He's on day one of recovery and he's supposed to stay down for 2 weeks. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! I'm gonna have to strap this boy down!!

As far as his left ear goes, Dr. Speach went into it from the inside and tried to suck out what he thought might have been fluid but nothing came out. It could be extra skin in his ear but the good news is that it's not a tumor or anything very serious. Once he is healed up, he's scheduled for a CAT scan and a hearing test to see what's really going on inside there. It's all confusing to me, but I think over all he's gonna be ok.

The prayers were felt yesterday. I managed to not go into the "ugly" cry. I only had a few tears come down post surgery. I really did well.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Wow! I can't imagine how hard this was on you, nor can I imagine how hard it will be to keep him down for 2 weeks! Tell him I hope he feels all better soon. We'll keep all of you in our prayers.