Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nashville TN

The Jones family had a wonderful 3 days in Nashville.
You will laugh at me for this, but I'll go ahead and admit this.
Chris and I had no idea that the CMA's were Thursday night. Once I found this out on Wednesday evening I was determined to spot a "STAR"!
We spent countless hours at the Opry Mills mall simply because it's huge and you just can't take a country girl to a mall that big. I was awe-struck. I had to go into every store that sold something that smelled good, tasted good or looked good on the kids! Needless to say, I drove Chris crazy. I loved this place.
Although I did not see anyone I knew we ate and shopped like never before.

The whole reason we went to Nashville was to take a tour of the Wyndham Vacation Resorts.
Yes, they suckered us into that. Over all, it was not bad. The dude that showed us around (Gene) was great.
His looks were a cross between Howie Mandell and Chris Daughtry.... not bad huh?
So we didn't purchase anything from them after 3 hours of talking but it really is a GREAT program that we now believe in.

We toured downtown Nashville and didn't see a person we knew. While there, we heard Miley Cirus performed a FREE concert the day before the CMA's. BUMMER. Wouldn't that have been cool to go to?
I think we may have seen all the people flooding out of the arena she performed in. Sometime Wednesday afternoon while driving down Broadway we saw a lot of people flocking around the arena. It looked important. Of course, at the time we had no idea all the starts where in town. Other wise I may have made a fool of myself.

We also went to the Aquarium Restaurant TWO TIMES because it was simply amazing. This place had a huge, floor to ceiling, salt water tank in the middle of the dining area. As you sat and ate you could watch huge fish, sharks, a guitar sharks, a nurse shark, and sting rays swim around. This place was too neat.
The kids where mesmerized by it and so were we. This place alone is worth a 3 1/2 hour drive.

We also saw Madagascar 2 at the IMAX. Now that was big, huge, large!! We sat in the back row and still felt like we were in the desert. I think we could have been in KY and saw it.

We hit build- a- bear today and Gracie made Miley who wears a "Nashville" t-shirt. I loved the Apple Barn in the Opry Mills mall. If you like apples,cookware, cook books, gifts, food and home-made candy this is your type of place too! I also had to hit the Yankee Candle Co store where I purchased their new Soy Holiday candle that is so cinnamon-y.
While downtown today we went to Fort Nashborough replica. We got awesome pics at this place.
After that, we headed to a disappointing Hard Rock Cafe. I've only been to a Hard Rock once and that was in Atlanta. Now Atlanta was rockin'.... Nashville, not so much.

After this we went to the Adventure Science Center.... this place ROCKED! We spend hours there and could have stayed longer. It was well worth the money and time. Gracie and Isaiah had a blast. Isaiah's favorite thing was a replica of a car with a clear hood to see inside. This was hands on. He was able to take off the back tires and rotate them and then get the car to start etc. He did this forever! I loved seeing him so excited about this object!

After this we headed home. Nashville is a special place that we look forward to going back to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time! Too bad you didn't get to the CMA's. That would of been awesome! We will have to try Nashville sometime!
Love Sarah