Friday, October 14, 2011

We made it!

CITYChurch has now had 2 public worship experiences. Our first week, Oct 2, 2011 went really well. There were only a couple very minor things that went wrong. Honestly, I didn't know if we'd be able to pull set up off, much less a service. God was so good to us, so faithful. We were able to go in on Friday night for an hour to set up as much as we could, and an hour early on Sunday morning. This saved our butts. The second week came, again we were able to come in for an hour in advance. We got almost the whole kids area and connection table/cafe area completely done in that hour. It left us with finishing up the worship area and some odds and ends here and there. So, those week stressed me out. I thought they were going to be difficult. Turns out, they were pretty much a breeze. It's THIS Sunday that I have reason to worry over. We don't get to come in Friday and we don't get to come in early Sunday morning. We get there at 8:30 and must have everything ready for full service by 10:30. We have 1 1/2 hours to get everything done, so we can chill for a bit before all things start! I'm nervous, I'm not gonna lie. But, if I stop and worry over it, all it does is make me scared and in a bad mood. This is allowing Satan to have a victory. I had to go to the doctor today because I started feeling yucky Wednesday night. I'm now on antibiotich and hoping to be strong Sunday. We already have people out of town so I can't afford to be sick. My body and voice need to be strong. Praying God has me completely healed and ready to go Sunday morning! We've been so blessed these past 2 weeks. We have a handful of people who are in....sold out.....on mission! We desperately rely on our team. We'd be gonzo without them! I thank God for the people he's put into our path. We're praying for more people to step up and help us set up/tear down and be a part of our CITYGroups. It's all a process that we can contribute to but ultimately have no control over. Come see us soon!

No comments: