Thursday, July 13, 2006

I wanna be like you, daddy!


At our house, when Cris push mows it's a big deal to Gracie and Isaiah.
Gracie commands "1-2-3 start", and it does! Isaiah can't stop saying the word "mow, mow!" Over and over.
They just get so excited. One day this summer while Cris was mowing he took his shirt off like he usually does because it's so hot. Well, Gracie decided she wanted to be like daddy.... so she took her shirt off too and ran around the yard. She thought she was big stuff while being like her daddy.
Then the other day while Cris was pushing the back yard, Isaiah had his little push mower and followed daddy everywhere he went. Up the hill, down the hill, up the hill, down the hill. He was so happy to be acting just like daddy. He squealed and screamed the whole time.
During both of these times, the excitement in our kids' eyes was very evident. It was obvious in those moments they wanted to be just like daddy!!
I find that's how I am with God. I want so badly to imitate my Father. I want to please Abba in all the ways I can, and do just as he does. I pray he sees the same fire and delight in my eyes as I'm immatating him, as I saw in my kids eyes while they immitated there Father.
Phillips Craig and Dean have a beautiful song that says "Lord, I wanna be just like you, cause he wants to be like me." Talking about a child that wants to be like his dad, and a dad that wants to be like his Heavenly Father. We're a constant example to our children. Everything we say and do is either a reflection of Christ or of the world.

1 comment:

Chad Doerr said...

Gracie and Isaiah have a pretty good dad to follow.