Saturday, July 15, 2006

Lazy summer days??



The kids and I did something today that we had not yet done all summer. We went swimming!!
Oh, we have played in the back yard in the kiddie pool up until today, but I look a little dumb sitting by it in a bathing suit. So today we hit the big time! We went to our friends house and enjoyed their facilities! It felt wonderful.
I grew up with a pool, so from about the time I was 7 I swam all day, everyday, all summer. I was a bathing beauty a water log, whatever you can think of. Todays trip wasn't quite the same as my swimming experiences when I was younger. See, back then, I could get in and out as I pleased. I could fall asleep on a raft, then lay on a lawn chair. I could get out and enjoy an ice cream etc. But going by yourself with 2 young chilren is a different story. They both wanted to either be held, ride in the floatie boat, or jump off the edge. At one point, Isaiah actually fell off the back of the pools edge (it's an above ground pool). Luckily Gina was in the pool with me when he went backwards. I grabbed his legs, and before I knew it I had his ankles and he was slipping fast. I yelled "GINA!!" and she helped scoop him up. He didn't care, he got right back up on the railing again like it didn't happen. (Just like his daddy!)
They would whine and cry that they wanted in then they wanted out. I think I was able to lay on a raft for 10 minutes maybe.
My how things change once kids come along. But I wouldn't have it any other way!!
Just to let you know, Cris didn't go because he was sick. I normally would not attempt taking 2 small children to the pool by myself, but today I couldn't pass it up!

No comments: