Thursday, August 03, 2006

His Needs, Her Needs

I started reading the book His Needs, Her Needs, Building an Affair- Proof Marriage a couple days ago. Scary title huh??
This book was a recommended read by Dorothy Heller about 2 years ago.
I put off reading it because I didn't want to spend the money on it.

Gracie goes to the library for story hour every monday and has for awhile now. She goes by herself but I have to keep Isaiah. I used to use that hour to do my bible study but for the past few weeks I have been browsing through all the self-help, parenting and christian books I can find.
I ran across His needs, Her needs and was delighted. I could now read it for FREE! Last week I read Dave Ramsey's Money Makeover.... FREE! Wouldn't he be pleased!?
I love the library and all the resources I have at my fingertips at no charge.
But the real thing I want to share with you is this,
I have read the first 3 chapter of His needs, Her needs and don't want to put it down.
I literally am studying the book. I'm taking notes and memorizing things. It's so interesting what makes men and women tick. Today I couldn't wait to tell Cris what I learned about in chapter 3! I look forward to the chapters ahaed. I mostly look forward to an improved marriage.
I totally recommend this book no matter where your relationship is with your spouse. It's amazing how ignorant I am regarding the male mind and body. The more we learn, the better spouse we can be.

No comments: