Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Parenting



The past two days at my house have consisted of blood, bruises and crying. No, this has nothing to do with Cris and I fighting.
Today I share with you the everyday happenings of being a parent of small children.
Yesterday while the 2 girls I babysit were here, the youngest decided to BITE her older sister in the upper lip! Blood was flowing from her mouth. I thought she'd been hit by Rocky. So I had her put ice on it to help with the swelling.
Who has ever heard of biting someone in the lip?? I've heard of biting someone's ear off, but not a lip.
Later in the day, while outside playing in the kiddy pool, Gracie slipped and fell face down on concrete. She screamed and blood was flowing from her mouth. I first checked to make sure all her teeth were there. I flipped her lip down and there were two huge holes in the lower lip from her upper buckers digging in. So once again, it was ice on the lip.
This evening at about 8:30 PM the kids were outside before coming in for bed. They were riding their bikes as they always do. This time Isaiah's bike got stuck on a water hose while riding on the concrete. When he hit the hose, the bike flipped forward and down he went..... head first on the concrete. I heard his big head hit the ground and an immediate scream! He has a wonderful blue/red knot to show for this one. I called the doctor this time because I've never seen a knot this big. So, he gets to stay up until 11:00 on a two hour watch. Needless to say, HE'S LOVING IT! There's a reason we call kids "knot head"!
I think it's time to go to bed and end this day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't those kind of days just the greatest! hee hee

Jeni

Anonymous said...

I've contacted social services. You can expect them any day now.