Thursday, August 23, 2007

did you say sale?

My body is somewhat sore today as I anticipated. My upper arms and lower back started tightening up before I even fell asleep last night. It's nothing major, just enough to be felt when I move.
As I also anticipated, I was awake last night until about 1:00, therefore Isaiah and I slept until about 10:00 this morning. I'm telling you, this is getting ridiculous. I get frustrated at myself at how much I LOVE to sleep. It consumes me. The kids and I got on my bed today to watch our 4:00 Little House on the Prairie episodes (because Isaiah loves to see Warwa) and I started dozing off around 5:00. I had to make myself get up and start dinner at 5:30. I didn't want Cris to come home to me and the kids asleep at 6:00.... again.

I had a girl from church call me this morning inviting me out to a massive yard sale type event.
She called to tell me she bought about 400.00 retail of baby stuff for under 100.00. So I asked "Where?" At the Laurel Co fairgrounds they have a roofed building and inside were just racks and rows of everything kids from 1 month to whatever older kids sizes are. Boys on one side and girls on the other. It's put on by a group called Wee Peat. It was all used/new clothes that kids grew out of, shoes, toys, cribs etc. It was such an organized set up. I was impressed but could only handle the excitement for 30 minutes do to the fact it was 99 degrees outside. I came out of that building soaking wet but with a smile on my face and a few items in my hand. They will be having another one of these things around Spring, I'm definitely putting my kids' clothes in this one. It was a big deal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds cool! I would like to go to something like that. Did you get some good deals? Slleping in sounds so good right now! Why can't mine at least sleep until 8:00am one day. Just one day thats all Im asking.