Friday, November 16, 2007

Nursemaids Elbow

Last night I was watching 2 girls (ages 2 & 3) so their parent's could go to prayer and share.

It was about 9:00 when Isaiah got stuck behind the couch and Abby and Gracie decided they could pull him out. I told them to stop but it was too late. He was crying that his arm hurt so I felt on it and it made him scream. I knew something was wrong this time. When I felt on his arm right below the elbow it did not feel right. Fear set in.... was it broken or what? Ends up it was pulled out of socket and it's called nursemaids elbow. They showed me how to put it back into place if it ever happens again. I don't know how willing I am to put an elow back into place but I know how now.

He was such a trooper at the ER. He laid in my arms and just held his left arm with his right hand. When she had to put it back into place he screamed NO and just cried. It broke my heart, but it was over to fast. A few minutes later they gave him motrin and he moved it and just laughed at himself at what he'd done. He was so proud he could move it again.

He's fine today and playing as normal. We do have to make sure he's careful with it and to not let him hang on things or swing him by his hands because these are things that cause dislocations.


No comments: