Tuesday, February 26, 2008

We're back

The Jones family is back to London and in full swing. I had to head back to the "grind" today at 5 AM.

The weekend away was a blessing from God.
Cris and I were able to spend about 3 whole days to ourselves. The "Weekend to Remember" conference was okay. I think I had much higher expectations so it wasn't as good as I thought it could and would be. Over all, we got a TON of info and a whole binder on things to work on with our marriage and become "one". Oneness was the title of the weekend. The bad thing was it was lecture upon lecture upon lecture. By Saturday afternoon I was about to fall asleep. I don't think I've ever drank as much caffeinated coffee as I did this weekend.

The hotel we stayed at in Concord, NC was directly across from the speedway. That was neat to see from the 8th floor of the hotel. And the mountains that were in the back drop of everything was so beautiful. Cris and I felt like King and Queen in the suite we were in. It was awesome!

Gotta go for today, but I've got more for ya later.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Chad and I were able to attend part of "A Weekend to Remember" when it was in Louisville. We missed the entire Sunday, because of course, he had to preach. I would have to second your thoughts on the conference- that it was just "okay." I think the lectures and information part would be a huge blessing and a huge help to some couples, especially couples who may not fully understand what God's design is for marriage, or may not fully embrace the different and unique roles that God has laid out for men and women in a marriage realtionship, as well as the differences between how men and women feel and act.
However for a couple who has great communication and whose roots are in Jesus, both individually and together, I think the best part of the conference definitely is the time spent with each other with no distractions and no interruptions!!! Can I get an AMEN!!!