Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 5

MOVE

"GOD, IS THAT YOU??"

God speaks through:
the bible
gifted teachers
the impression of the Holy Spirit
PAIN

Ways to know if what you're hearing is God:
1. Does it agree with the bible
2. Does it make me more Christ-Like
3. Does my church/community affirm it
4. Is it consistent with How God has SHAPEd me
Spiritual gifts
Heart/passion
Abbilities
Personality
Experience
5. Does it concern my responsibilities
6. Is it convicting or condemning
7. Do I sense God' peace about it

A way to request guidance from God:
1. You must realize that God cares about the details of my life
2. You need to ask a specific question
3. You must believe he wants to answer

how to receive his guidance:
1Withdraw Luke 5:16, Hab 2:1-2
2. Wait
a. Relax your body/prepare your body Ps. 46:10
b. Wait in silence Ps. 62:5
3.Watch Eph 1:18
4. Write
5. Worship Hab. 3:2

No comments: